i need an opinion on a forex strategy i use. here is what i use my time frame is the daily charts and i only trade the majors i use the following indicators Heiken-Ashi, and a 5 day on the open & 6 day on the close EMA plus a MACD and the ADX indicators on the bottom and i trade the crossovers is there anyone here that trades the forex with a similar setup what im looking for is just some opinions from some more experienced forex traders ive been back testing this for a couple of months and seems to be profitable but maybe i might just be missing something a more knowledgeable forex trader might be able to help me tweak it some more i realize there is no holy grail but any opinions would be greatly appreciated thank you for your time ive traded stocks for 30 years but the forex is a whole new ballgame
Trading indicators are best used along with money management and good risk control, using trading indicators alone will not enable you to be a successful trader, even if you learn everything about forex trading indicators the market is just too random and unless risk is controlled, over time your account will slowly get wiped out, regardless how good a “trader” you think you are.
This question was about forex trading indicators and there have been some pretty good answers that should help in your trading, and especially in relation to forex trading indicators, the answer has been posted in the categories listed below:
Related Trading Posts
- Private Traders: What Trading System do you use for which Markets? If you trade futures, stocks, FX: do you use the same Trading System or a different system for different markets.
Also what is/are the Trading System that you use for each market:
- I seriously think I can make a fortune in forex trading? Well i have been learning about stock trading for 6 years and have developed a good system. Forex is a little different. I started last january. i blew up within weeks because i was uing […]
- I am interested in day trading will you tell me if my ideas are realistic? Thanks for looking. I am 25 in college for mechanical engineering and also working. I am interested in day trading one day. I hear that people will borrow for their trades leverage I […]
- If you have a profitable FOREX stratergy, can you please write it down in detail (including the type of….? .... indicators used, typical stop loss level, typical profit limit level, time frame for trade, etc..) I don't care if you trade on the long term or short. I JUST NEED SOME HELP, and […]
- Where can I Learn Forex Trading in Chennai ? LEARN FOREX TRADING & EARN 0 / RS.4600 PER DAY
We teach you how to double your money
With 98% Accuracy Profit Making Method. 1st Time in world, make profit without using […]
- Learning Forex Trading? Hello,
Can you please
1. recommend some resources to learn forex trading
2. Mention what all aspects need to be covered when learning forex trading.
3. Mention all aspects to be […]
- When charting a Security as a Swing Trader what are the best time periods to use on your charts? I am learning to swing trade and I would like to know what the general opinion is on what time frame iI should set my charts to so That I can optimize my ability to read my […]
- Currency Trading: is it a viable long term way to make money from home? I went to an introduction to FOREX (foreign exchange) class recently and they were telling us how with a good education in FOREX you can consistently make money, and good money too, since […]
- Need help with SMA, EMA, and MACD? Hello. May I ask if i wanna participate in short term swing trading, which period of SMA, EMA, MACD should I use?? Because these are trend indicators and they are lagging indicators; […]
- How does the stock market really work? I have a few questions? I want to know how the stock market really works in terms of:
1. Investors Buying & Selling shares; how does the trading volume, here, of individual buys & sells affect a […]